On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 07:27 +0100, Daniel Brockman wrote:

> Yet you have the choice of where to put your braces, even
> though the braces don't lend themselves to different tasks
> depending on whether you put them on a new line or not.

You *don't* have the choice to use different types of braces, though --
at least not by default.

> Is Perl 6 really in such a desperate need of new and more
> powerful features that issues of convenience are irrelevant?

I see the proposal to treat - and _ as identical in identifiers as a
feature almost as useful as making identifiers case-insensitive.
Heteronymity seems too dangerous to encourage by supporting as a
default.

-- c