On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Darren Duncan wrote:

On a separate but related matter, I'm in the position of wanting to do something unusual, which is create a data file format whose content is executable perl code that defines a data structure, a hash of whatever.

Kind of like how XML works except that Perl can natively parse it.

On an even more separate but related matter, I've been desiring to stuff in the already multiparadigmatic nature of Perl6 "markup language(-like) features" myself. Not data that represents markup-language text. Stuff in the code that _is_ as opposed to stuff that _does_ (something), and specifies a structure, but "links" nicely with other stuff that actually does something.

I had been thinking of this especially in connection with GUIs or more generally even-driven programming, but I don't think it should be limited to those respects. It would just be nice to have it available in our syntactical/semantical toolbox. Since I have not clear/definite ideas about both the effective usefulness of such a beast nor about how it could actually look like, I didn't receive much attention, but if you're interested you look up "markup" in the archives...

Michele
--
Meany other hackers halve trouble remembering witch is witch to.  I'm
all ways perfectly rite thou.