S06/Splicing finishes with:

A quasiquote is not a block (even if the delimiters are curlies),
so any declaration of a variable is taken to be part of the block surrounding the macro call location. Add your own {...} if you want a block to surround your declarations.

I read this as meaning that

macro M () { return q:code { my $x } };

would add a lexical $x to the scope of M's caller.  This seems unhygienic
and against the spirit of the "my $COMPILING::x" in earlier versions of S06.
Regardless of the "not a block" status of a q:code, I think that it's
lexicals should only be visible within the q:code by default. If this is the intention of the above phrase the it should be made clearer.

Brad

--
... There is dignity in paucity of words. ... -- Hagakure