I discovered in reading Synopsis 12 today that some code examples use out of date syntax, as I understand it:

For example, look in the "Roles" main documentation section.

There are many places where the bareword "self" is used, whereas I believe the current syntax is "$?SELF" for the same thing, and has been for awhile.

For example:

  self.some_other_method;

And:

  any reference to C<self> or the type of the invocant

And:

  C<self!attr()>

This problem may go beyond Synopsis 12, so I suggest doing a search'n'replace in all the synopsis. Or at least in all of Synopsis 12.

I'm fairly sure the "self" syntax is invalid.

Moreover, S12 explicitly says that Perl 6 has no barewords, save package names in specific circumstances.

-- Darren Duncan