On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 09:28 -0500, Jordan Kanter wrote:
> I was having that problem too going over S09.  It seems like we need to get
> the glossary together like Uri was saying that we can have a controlled
> language for creating the documents.  If we dont have one already, I suggest
> we start one.

Actually, I don't think we disagree on terminology (nor do the
synopses). The problem is that the types, as listed, don't fully fit the
terminology. This is to be expected, since we haven't fully fleshed out
the type tree yet.

That's why I said that Container might not be as real as it sounds. It
could just be a role, since many "container-like things" aren't going to
fall neatly into the Object -> Container -> Array/Hash type tree. Buf is
probably the best example of this, as a Buf is really a sort of scalar
with containerish behavior. Something like, "class Buf is Scalar, does
Container". Which really blows some assumptions that I'm willing to bet
many people will make.

--
Aaron Sherman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>