Mark J. Reed skribis 2006-08-31  9:45 (-0400):
> According to S05, the string method equivalent of the s/// operator is named
> "subst".  (Just going by the spec here; the method doesn't exist yet in
> Pugs).  I anticipate typos galore from the near-collision of names between
> "subst" and "substr"; perhaps "replace" would be a better name, even though
> it breaks the mnemonic association with s///?

Another issue is how we're going to pass arguments to this method. s///
has very special syntax, that I don't think we can easily replicate.

I personally still prefer $foo.s/// and $foo.=s///, because I don't
think substitution belongs in a smart match op.

Juerd