Brad Bowman wrote:

> Both Data::Dumper and Storable provide hooks to customize serialization
> ($Data::Dumper::Freezer|Toaster, STORABLE_freeze|_thaw).
> Other modules like YAML and Clone could also possibly reuse a
> common state marshalling interface.
>
> Is there some common element to this process which can be gathered
> into a Serialize role with a default implementation?

There is already ".yaml" to serialize to yaml and ".perl" to serialize
to Perl (I'm not sure what the limits are round-tripping Perl this way).

They can be returned to Perl in a consistent way, too:

eval($yaml, :lang<yaml>);

Still, these options may not substitute for the kind of role-based
solution you have mind.

     Mark