jerry gay wrote:
Jonathan Lang wrote:
> I'm not used to programming styles where a programmer intentionally
> and explicitly forbids the use of otherwise perfectly legal code.  Is
> there really a market for this sort of thing?

use strict;

Hmm... granted.  But that does tend to sidestep the main thrust of my
question.

The examples I gave involved specific roles or routines being
forbidden from use in certain situations; my gut instinct is that if
you don't think that it's appropriate to use a particular role or
routine somewhere, you should simply not use it there; I can't see why
you'd want the compiler or runtime to enforce not using it there.

--
Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang