On Apr 29, 2007, at 6:42 , Jonathan Lang wrote:

In effect, the signature gets attached as a property of the string,
and 'can()' checks for the signature property.

The only problem that I have with this idea is that I can't think of
any uses for a "signatory string" outside of '.can()'.

Maybe "'fribble' but :(string -> BadPoet)"?

-- brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED] system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED] electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon university KF8NH