In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Damian Conway
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[writing publicly to head off any notions there's a personality problem
here]

> brian wrote:

>  > I know you think it's easier to teach and explain, but that's because
>  > you came up with it.
>
> I hope I'm not that shallow.

I didn't mean to imply anything about your character there, but that
naturally as thinking beings we all understand much better than anyone
else our own thoughts and architectures.

It's not that your shallow, it's that you've visited the deepest
trenches in the murky oceans and now have to figure out how to explain
the wonderful creatures you saw to people who don't want to get wet.
You're going to understand it much more because you've actually seen
those creatures. :)

>  > There are other things to consider, and to me it looks like this
>  > design decision isn't based on what's easier for the Perl 6 programmer
>  > but what's easier for the implementors.
>
> I assure you that that is categorically *not* the case (as I'll discuss
> at length in a subsequent message).

I wasn't trying to assign any ethical baggage to that remark, and said
in an earlier message that it's a matter of philosophy about what
different people value most.

I still think it's a true statement though, and that the difference is
an honest disagreement about how the world should be.