Smylers wrote:
> Moritz Lenz writes:
>
>> You could help by contributing some suggestions to what the new "Web"
>> module should be able to do, and how so. Web is hopefully "CGI done
>> right", and still in its early planning stage.
>
> Web module?  This is the first I've heard of it.  Where is it being
> planned, if not on this list?
>
> Also, why are we hoping that it will be "done right"?

Because we hope we learned from the past. There are several other
modules that fullfill most of CGI's tasks, some of them do most of it
better. Reimplementing one of them would already make Web a "better CGI" ;-)

> Given the history
> of things like this it strikes me as unlikely that now is the particular
> moment where we suddenly manage to create a perfect library, and as such
> this would be hoping against the light of available evidence!

You're right, but we should ship things as best as we can, so we try ;-)

> It seems entirely possible that during Perl 6's life somebody, possibly
> somebody who at the moment hasn't even heard of Perl 6, will create a
> better web module.  It would be good if at that point it becomes
> straightforward for it to get acceptance and people to adopt it.

Right, but that's no reason not to try hard on your own.

Moritz

--
Moritz Lenz
http://moritz.faui2k3.org/ |  http://perl-6.de/