François Perrad wrote:

> Bob Rogers wrote:
> > On behalf of the Parrot team, I'm proud to announce Parrot 0.5.2
> > "P.e. nipalensis."  Parrot (http://parrotcode.org/) is a virtual machine
> > aimed at running all dynamic languages.
> >

> The Windows setup is available on http://parrotwin32.sourceforge.net/
> with a perl6.exe for the first time.

Very cool!

I wanted to feature this on the Perl 6 wiki, but when I first naively gave
this a try (on Win XP Pro), here's what I got:

C:\parrot-0.5.2\bin>perl6 -e "say 'Hello World!'"
Null PMC access in isa()
current instr.: 'parrot;Perl6Object;make_proto' pc 55
(src/gen_builtins.pir:76)
called from Sub 'parrot;Perl6Str;onload' pc 415 (src/gen_builtins.pir:332)
called from Sub 'parrot;Perl6::Compiler;main' pc -1 ((unknown file):-1)

(Got same results trying to use a file. Also tried putting bin dir on path.)

Any special setup required for this? As a non-developer, it wasn't obvious
where I should look for info. I didn't see a doc dir or README in the
installation dir, and I didn't see anything obvious at
http://www.parrotcode.org/docs/.

Best regards,
Conrad Schneiker

www.AthenaLab.com