Ovid wrote:
> --- On Sun, 29/6/08, Patrick R. Michaud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Do C<grep> and C<reverse> act like the
>> C<join> method, in that
>> they work for C<Any> object and not just objects of
>> type C<List>?
>>
>> In other words,, should  C< $x.grep(...) >  work even
>> if $x isn't normally a list type?
>
> If I understand you correctly, I think you're asking if grep and map can be
> applied to junctions?

I think Patrick meant something else.

The other day we had the discussion what $x.join($sep) should be,
specifically if it should work for non-List $x. $Larry said yes, it
should work, and the way to achieve that is to use Any.join.
Now Patrick wants to know which of the various list methods need to be
in Any.

BTW Junctions aren't a subtype of Any, but of Object.

> If I've misunderstood, feel free to print this out and burn it :)

$rant_about_wasting_resources_and_climate_change ;-)

Moritz

--
Moritz Lenz
http://moritz.faui2k3.org/ |  http://perl-6.de/