--- On Mon, 20/10/08, Moritz Lenz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Also, the way that t/00-parrot/06-op-inplace.t is
> written forces the test numbers to be out of sequence.  This
> causes "make test" to fail, even though it's
> merely a parse error.  The Test.pm module appears to work
> (I've only checked it superficially), so why not use
> that to make some of these tests a bit easier to write?  Are
> we trying to avoid loading modules while testing core
> features?
>
> The 01-sanity/ tests predate module loading.
> The "real" testing is to run 'make
> spectest', which loads a bunch of
> tests from the pugs repository, prepares and run them.
>
> If you want to run those individually, you can simply say
> $ make t/spec/S02-literals/radix.t

Fair enough.  From playing around with this, it appears that all Perl 6 tests
can be run with:

  perl t/harness --verbosity 1 --fudge --keep-exit-code $testname

Is it an accident that this works for regular test files?  If not, I can
integrate this into vim easily and since module loading works,
t/00-parrot/06-op-inplace.t can be updated with "use Test;" to at least ensure
that "make perl6" passes and people don't get confused when trying to build.
I'd be happy to update that test and send a patch.

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Buy the book         - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/