On Mar 18, 2009, at 5:26 PM, fREW Schmidt wrote:

s1n and I decided that we would start Dallas.p6m as we are close to each other geographically speaking. We are meeting tomorrow (Thursday, March 19, 7:00PM) at a coffee shop with free wifi. The address is 985 W Bethany Dr
Allen, TX 75013.

This is more to the world of Perl 6, but you're the first person to go out there and do this.

I love love LOVE starting to get people together to talk about Perl 6. It's a crucial step in letting people know that Perl 6 is real. However, starting social groups that say they are specifically about Perl 6 makes me uncomfortable.

I think it would be better to call it Dallas.pm and just talk about Perl 6 in the meeting announcements. The key is that we don't want people to think they must choose one or the other. Technologically, Perl 5 and Perl 6 are very different, but culturally, they're very similar.

Keeping Perl 5 and Perl 6 groups together also means that we will increase cross-pollination of Perl 6 onto the Perl 5 people.

Thanks for listening,
xoxo,
Andy

--