Jon Lang wrote:
Agreed.  Given the frequency with which « and » come up in Perl 6, I'd
love to be able to have a simple keyboard shortcut that produces these
two characters.  Unfortunately, I am often stuck using a Windows
system when coding; and the easiest method that I have available to me
there (that I know of) is to pull up Character Map

Set your keyboard to us-international. There's a bunch of goodies in there. The problem is the delayed keystrokes on composed accented characters, formed by quote+letter. (like 'a)

So write your own keyboard module. I did one for P6 several years ago.

In the mean time, it's alt+shift, altgr+[

=Austin