Sorry, didn't do a reply-all on this.
--- Begin Message ---
How about "Parrot"?

I think the original point, along with one of the original claims for Parrot, was that Parrot would not just be the "Perl internals engine" but would be general enough to run other languages. (Specifically, there are Tcl, Python, Pascal, and Lua implementations in various stages of dress.)

So if someone wrote the next killer thing (Rails, anyone?) in some language that compiles to Parrot, it should be possible to install the parrot binary and have it work if you're a Perl6/Parrot user instead of a Ruby/Parrot or C#/Parrot or Pascal/Parrot user.

The risk is that there are now more Perl6es than just Rakudo. This tends to force "language level" instead of "binary level" distribution. It's sort of like the difference between CPAN and Maven.

Maybe they're two different things. There's a use-case question there, which should probably be addressed by someone who has read the CPAN6 requirements doc (I have not).

=Austin

Daniel Carrera wrote:
Daniel Carrera wrote:
Btw, if the majority wants to start uploading Ruby, Python and Lua modules to CPAN, we can rename CPAN so that the P stands for something else that doesn't mean anything. "Comprehensive Peacock Archive Network"? "Comprehensive Platypus Archive Network"?

my (@C,@P,@A,@N);
@C = <Comprehensively Conspicuously Continuously Completely Certainly>;
@P = <Pathological Perplexing Powerful Pervasive Pedestrian Pure Posh>;
@A = <Archive Array Anthology>;