On Wed, 8 Jul 2009, Ovid wrote:

Note that I have no idea where (if anywhere) the type goes in this. Hopefully someone will correct me here. Note that this does not use the roles as roles; it uses them punned as classes. But it does what you asked :).

Though I have issues with Jonathan's approach (I don't like classes silently discarding role methods as this has caused us many bugs at the BBC), it's much cleaner that what I see here. You see, with Jonathan's, you only have to provide methods for what you're disambiguating, It seems like your code would require that I specifically list every method which is handled, which would clearly get unwieldy with large roles or many roles. Did I miss something?

I agree that's a problem, and hopefully one that should be solved. The solution I offered solves only your immediate problem.

        :)

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: wayl...@wayland.id.au    | I am                           |