On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 04:35:42PM -0600, David Green wrote:
> On 2009-Aug-9, at 3:57 pm, Tim Bunce wrote:
>> Perhaps it's worth asking what we might call the release after that
>> one.
>> "Rakudo not-quite-so-lite"?
>
> Rakudo ** (aka "Rakudo Exponentiation")?  Though I think Patrick is
> optimistic that development will proceed exponentially enough that a
> single interim release will be enough to hold us over until Christmas.

I'm not sure I'm quite THAT optimistic.  :-)  We may end up with
multiple interim releases in the Rakudo Star series before we reach
Christmas.  (And yes, they may even be *+1, *+2, etc.)

In some ways I'm starting to think of "Star" (or whatever designation
we end up using) as a label for a series of interim releases in the
same sense that NASA used "Gemini" as the label for the program
came between "Mercury" and "Apollo".

In other words, "Star" may really end up being a designation for a
program of planned releases with certain major objectives that
cumulatively lead up to the ultimate goal of a "full Perl 6 release".

The precise details are still a little ill-formed in my head at the
moment, but as they come together (and are expressed in planning
documents) I'll be blogging or writing about them appropriately.

Pm