On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Forrest Sheng Bao<forrest....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, I mean both Perl 5 and Perl 6. I couldn't find proper list to ask this
> question. So I asked in this list.

I'm not sure perl6-language is the proper place to be asking about the
time-complexity of hashes in Perl6, or at least, not the way that you
asked.

Here's another way to ask, which might yield a more useful reply..

In C++, the STL guarantees that lookup operations in a "map" data
structure are guaranteed to have a time complexity that is at most
logarithmic in the number of key-value pairs in the map.  Does the
Perl-6 specification make any similar guarantees regarding hash
lookups?  If not, does anyone know, offhand, what the time complexity
is for current implementations if hash lookup?