Hi Larry (mostly) et al,

this sounds like something STD could try to steal:

* <http://blog.llvm.org/2010/04/amazing-feats-of-clang-error-recovery.html>
> Okay, this may be going a bit far, but how else are you going
> to fall completely in love with a compiler?
>
>   $ cat t.c
>   void f0() {
>   <<<<<<< HEAD
>       int x;
>   =======
>       int y;
>   >>>>>>> whatever
>   }
>   $ clang t.c
>   t.c:2:1: error: version control conflict marker in file
>   <<<<<<< HEAD
>   ^
>   $ gcc t.c
>   t.c: In function ‘f0’:
>   t.c:2: error: expected expression before ‘<<’ token
>   t.c:4: error: expected expression before ‘==’ token
>   t.c:6: error: expected expression before ‘>>’ token
>
> Yep, clang actually detects the merge conflict and parses one
> side of the conflict. You don't want to get tons of nonsense
> from your compiler on such a simple error, do you?

As I understood it from a YAPC keynote a year or two ago, STD
already has the speculative parse machinery in place. It seems
like this should be implementable with reasonable effort?

Regards,