Dave Rolsky wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Apr 2010, Carl Mäsak wrote:
>
>> I do want to explicitly credit Dave Rolsky, whose work on the DateTime
>> family of modules on CPAN has informed much of the current spec,
>> sometimes to the point of verbatim copying.
>
> Thanks, but I'd hate to see you copy all my mistakes too!
>
> One thing I think is really important is to offer a Date-only object
> without a time component.
>
> The lack of such an object in Perl 5's DateTime family is a real problem.
> If you're only interested in dates and date math, time and time zones just
> muddies the water.

I've now written such a module:

http://github.com/moritz/Date

It mostly works with Rakudo, except it doesn't yet export the overloaded
operators because of
<http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=74104>. Some minor
features (like the today() constructor) are not yet implemented.

It is very much inspired by Date::Simple on CPAN. There's no
documentation yet, but the tests pretty much define the behavior.

I've planned to add such a module to the Perl 6 spec, but some comments
on #perl6 suggested it should be kept out of core to prevent bloat.
Still if the overall opinion is that Perl 6 should have such a module
out of the box, I'll be happy to spec it.

Cheers,
Moritz