Since January 2009 I have accumulated over 1000 messages to groups, that
arrived with improper 0A (UNIX line ends without a preceding 0D) in the body of
the message. In order to reply to such a message I have to remove them manually
to avoid rejection by my SMTP server. It's a PITA.

I have tracked the problem down to Yahoo's web based email client. A bug has
been filed with Yahoo on its internal Bugzilla system. Details of the
indictment are at <http://macnauchtan.com/editorials/QuotedPrintable.html>.

It's interesting that a particular poster, From: Ovid
<publiustemp-perl6langua...@yahoo.com>, is using a Yahoo address and may not be
going through a web interface.

Please, off list replies to address in the link unless useful to other listers.

--
-->  There are 10 kinds of people:  those who understand binary, and those who
don't <--