Magic variables make multiple threads impossible, which is why perl 5 is
stuck with ithreads: what happens if two threads each "run" something at
around the same time?

In Perl 6, you have a Proc object for each subprocess, and can query it for
its status and/or result code; for things like sub run, the Proc should be
the return value.

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh
allber...@gmail.com