On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Tom Christiansen wrote:

> >> (SE), AFAIK, and therefore the man pages should be an option that could be
> >> deleted to save space.
>
> >This is already an option, and has been for years.  I don't imagine that
> >would change in perl6.
>
> I should much prefer to see random modules deleted instead.

Just so everyone's clear:  I meant that it is an option to not install
_man pages_ (i.e. the output of pod2man, e.g. perlfunc.1).  It is not
currently an option to skip the pods (e.g. perlfunc.pod).  The pods
are always installed.

For example, if a system doesn't have nroff, there's not much point in
installing the man pages.  Some Unix systems used to be delivered that
way--only the 'catman' pages were shipped.

But for perl5, the pods are always installed.  It is an incomplete
distribution if it doesn't include the documentation.  I don't imagine
that will change in perl6.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Dept. of Physics