At 03:39 PM 8/9/2001 -0400, Kirrily Robert wrote:
>=head1 THINGS THAT NEED DOING

Add to this "Define required metadata for perl modules". I think Larry
wants version and author as required at the very least.

FWIW, my current view of "The Module Plan" is for all modules to be
identifiable via a module name/author ID/version triple. That's what the
interpreter will use to distinguish internally between different usages of
the same module if it needs to. That's subject to change if Larry decides
differently, of course, but I don't see it getting anything other than more
specified, not less. (Which isn't to say that you'll have to specify author
and version when you use a module, just that the interpreter will use that
data in case one module uses a different version of some module then
another module does)

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk