I was inspired earlier today and had my girlfriend sketch up a logo
proposal for me.

http://pleasedieinafire.net/~tene/logo/gimelanarchy.html

Use of the gimel[1] character comes from Justin Simoni's logo design
proposal[2] from a while back, and the design is a reference to the
anarchist symbol[3].

It wasn't designed with a specific reason beyond "This would look cool",
but there are a variety of associations that come to mind.  The main
association for me, with the reference to the anarchist symbol, is that
we've kept going and produced something good despite the large sentiment
of "You're taking too long, you'll never succeed, etc." out there.
Others include the somewhat chaotic state of Perl 6 development at
times, the loose and informal organization in Perl 6 development, etc.

Just an idea.  Please discuss.

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimel#Hebrew_Gimel
[2]: http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.users/2009/01/msg938.html
[3]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchist_symbolism