On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 21:41:21 -0400, "David H. Adler" <d...@pobox.com>
wrote:

> > The reason for my request is to help with a better introduction in my
> > modest draft tutorial on converting Perl 5 to Perl 6 code at the Perl
> > Monastery.  I am comfortable with the example code I use there (which is
> > not currently intended to showcase new features), but I am getting several
> > comments on why one should even bother with Perl 6?
>
> In talking to Perl 5 people about my Perl 5 to Perl 6 docuentation,
> trying to get some feedback on it from people who aren't already doing
> Perl 6, I get this question a lot. So, yes, some kind of document saying
> "these are reasons Perl 6 is actually useful" would be very helpful.
>
> dha

*THE* killer feature that will be seen by all beginning perl6
programmers is its awesome error messages. It is a shame that
-e runs no-strict, but as I understand it, that is still under
discussion.

$ perl6 -e'use v6; my Int $this = 1; $thıs++; say $this;'
===SORRY!=== Error while compiling -e
Variable '$thıs' is not declared. Did you mean '$this'?
at -e:1
------> use v6; my Int $this = 1; ⏏$thıs++; say $this;

using perl5.00307 .. 5.21   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE