On 31/12/15 20:43, Tom Browder wrote:
> Jonathan's intro course, in pdf, here:
>
>   https://github.com/rakudo/star/raw/master/docs/2015-spw-perl6-course.pdf
>
> is excellent, of course.  But I really like the presentation theme and
> the slide formatting!
>
> Does anyone know what slide-making process he uses?
>
> So far the best I have found that meets my needs is using asciidoc
> input with Asciidoctor's Deck.js backend. I think I can convert from
> the generated html to pdf but can't say for sure yet, but it is the
> good looks of his slides that I'm primarily interested in.

Looks like Beamer (latex+beamer).

An easy step to beamer is to use pandoc, which is what I use when I need
to make a presentation.  Though it's not as flexible as writing latex
directly, it's pretty decent because with pandoc, your input is just
markdown.  Much (much!) easier on the fingers and on the eyes :)

(Not sure how strict we are on "off-topic" stuff so I will stop here!)