Thanks Timo and Brian,

both examples are educational. However, they have a common limitation in that they both perform their magic after a Match object has been created. I was trying to influence the parsing step itself. I am experimenting to find if I can influence the parsing process programmatically. Indentation is just an example here. The stack of indentation levels is maintained fine, but I cannot seem to use the knowledge of the current indentation to
affect the rule for the left margin.

Theo