On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 5:00 PM, ToddAndMargo <toddandma...@zoho.com> wrote:

> On 09/29/2017 07:25 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
>
>> The point of a hash is that it computes hash values from its keys for
>> fast lookup,
>>

> Not me.  I use them to "organize" data all in one easy to look
> up place.  For example:

I am talking about data structures, not personal preferences. If you want
different behavior, use the appropriate data structure: a tree instead of a
hash. Unfortunately, Perl 6 doesn't currently have any tree data structures
in its core. There is a Map, which is what some other languages call their
tree-based structures, but in Perl 6 it's an immutable hash structure
instead.

allber...@gmail.com                                  ballb...@sinenomine.net