On 09/11/2018 03:22 AM, Timo Paulssen wrote:
On 11/09/18 12:18, JJ Merelo wrote:

El mar., 11 sept. 2018 a las 12:15, Timo Paulssen (<t...@wakelift.de <mailto:t...@wakelift.de>>) escribió:

    The colon at the end of "Str:D:" signifies that it's a type
    constraint on what you call the method on. For example:

That, of course, is also in the documentation: https://docs.perl6.org/type/Signature#index-entry-type_constraint_%3AD (maybe not with the same words, and maybe it can be improved, but still)

You just have to type :D in the search slot.

JJ

I believe you linked to the wrong section, https://docs.perl6.org/type/Signature#Parameter_separators is where the colon at the end is explained.

Though you cannot search for :D: and get to somewhere that explains it, and searching for :D:, which is a very common usage for the invocant colon, doesn't lead you to this section, either.
   -Timo

Hi Timo,

method ($a: @b, %c) {};       # first argument is the invocant

class Foo {
    method whoami($me:) {
        "Well I'm class $me.^name(), of course!"
    }
}
say Foo.whoami; # OUTPUT: «Well I'm class Foo, of course!␤»

is no help whatsoever.

Would you please explain it to me?

-T