It isn't changing anything.

You've still got a box ('container') that can only hold something 'Real'.

You just happen to have a value in that box that is a 'Rat'.

It is perfectly fine to put a Rat value in a Real box, because a Rat is
also a Real (does the 'Real' role).

You can still stick some other Real in the box, and you still can't stick
anything that isn't a Real in the box.