On 10/7/18 1:25 AM, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users wrote:
Hi All,

I am going to possibly be writing binary code to my terminal.
This can really screw up your terminal.  THe solution is
to enter

      sane^j

on your keyboard.  The ^ above is holding down your <ctrl> key.

I would like to be able to send that code at the end of the binary
print, just in case.  How do I do I send a `^j` ?

Many thanks,
-T

Linux

Tim0 helped me with this over on the chat line.

^j is the the same as \n.  ^j is used when your
return key has been remapped.

Timo recommended making a shell call to echo
"stty same^j".

Or calling /usr/bin/reset
  • <ctrl>j ? ToddAndMargo via perl6-users
    • Re: <ctrl>j ? ToddAndMargo via perl6-users