I pushed out the perl6 code I've been working on to github and CPAN.
I sub-divided it into four parts with a dependency tree like so:

                       Symbol::Scan

  Object::Examine      Augment::Util
    |                    |
    |--------------------/

  method-menu

The goal here was to be able to go into the repl with:

  perl6 -Mmethod-menu

... and have an "m" method everywhere that dumps a verbose but
human-readable list of all available methods.  (I like ^methods a
lot, but the output is often very peculiar and you have to know
about the ":all" argument to really see all your options.)

This set-up confines the evil step to a very small module, where
all the functionality is available in other ways if you don't
want to indulge in "augment".  You could just use Object::Examine
and get a role that provides a similar method (named "menu"
instead of "m").

The Augment::Util and Symbol::Scan branch there is the workaround
for the current problems with getting augment to propagate down
an inheritance chain.

I had a number of hassles with getting ready to ship, so there's evidently
some bugs in my META6.json I need to fix (neither Ddt or Test::Meta6 were
working for me, and I find I've got problems with secure github
uploads *again*...).