On 12/20/18 10:32 PM, JJ Merelo wrote:

I didn't think I needed to answer a question that can be so easily obtained from the documentation: https://docs.perl6.org/type/Match, which, unsurprisingly, says: "|Match| objects are the result of a successful regex match"

That I knew.  I was looking for what exactly there were
so as to be able to assign them to typed variables.  Seems
that they are an "everything" type similar to type Mu

    $ p6 'my $x="11.2."; my Str $D0; my Str $D1; $x~~m{ (<:N>+) [.]
    (\d+) };
    $D0 ~$0; $D1 ~ $1;  print "$D0 $D1\n";'
    WARNINGS for -e:
    Useless use of "~" in expression "$D1 ~ $1" in sink context (line 1)
    Useless use of "~" in expression "$D0 ~$0" in sink context (line 1)
    Use of uninitialized value of type Str in string context.

You  can also just not declare D0 as a Str. " are also string contextualizers,
so

That would have been too easy.

The whole purpose of the one liner was to simulate assigning
a match to a series of variables that I had to type as Str.
Basically, I had to leave no room for the compiler to
"contextualize".  It had to be a string.

Thank you for the help!

-T