Hi All,

One liners are fast, but my own programs are very slow to start.

I download

https://github.com/perl6/gtk-simple/blob/master/examples/05-bars.pl6

To check it out and it also takes ten second to start.

What gives?

Many thanks,
-T

On 4/24/19 5:13 AM, Brad Gilbert wrote:> For one it has the following line:

>      use lib 'lib';
>
> That is going to slow everything down if you have anything in the
> `lib` directory.
> The more things in that directory, the slower it will get.
>
> You should really install the modules with `zef`. (It can download and
> install the modules itself.)
>
> Also it isn't until the very last line of that program that anything
> visible happens.
>
> Basically it has a lot of work to do before it can make itself visible.
>
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 2:46 AM ToddAndMargo via perl6-users
> <perl6-users@perl.org> wrote:

Hi Brad,

I just used that as an example that could be downloaded, rather than
posting my own code.  Commenting out the "use lib" made no
difference.  It takes ten second for my code to start.

Also, I do not understand what you mean by "zef".  If I don't
use zef to install the modules called out, my code won't run.

-T