Folks,

I need to execute a program in a remote machine, that takes its input from
STDIN.

I created a user in such remote machine, and set my program as the shell
for that account (so I don't need to provide shell access).

On my local node, I have this program:

#!/usr/bin/perl

    use IPC::Open3;
    use POSIX;

    $inputfile= $ARGV[0];
    open(FILE, '<', "$ARGV[0]") or die $!;
    $command= "ssh user\@remotehost.com";
    $pid = open3('<&FILE', '>&STDOUT', '>&STDERR', $command);

    waitpid( $pid, 0 );

What I expect is that I pass the name of the file as arguments of this
program ($ARGV[0]), and the contents of this file is fed as STDIN of the
child I've spawn with open3. This should be received as STDIN of my remote
program, and the results of the remote program would be printed on STDOUT.

This works well. However, my program only reads the first line, and then
terminates.

If I do a manual test, and do ssh u...@remotehost.com, and type multiple
lines of input, then things work as expected.

Any clues?

Thanks!

-m