On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 18:14 ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <
perl6-users@perl.org> wrote:

> On 2020-01-04 14:40, Trey Harris wrote:
> > All the tooling (that cares at all about repos, anyway) generally expect
> > one repo per exportable product (e.g., a module).
> >
> > This shouldn’t be an issue unless you typically use modules directly
> > from their repos without installing them—which is a bad practice you
> > should avoid, particularly if you’re a module author.
> >

> This is the confusion I was trying to get around:
>
> In my WinMount.pm6 module, I import three of my other modules:
>
> use NativeConstants;
>
> use WinMessageBox :WinMsg;
>
> use WinReg :WinReadRegKey;

I don’t see why that needs to be confusing—lots of modules (in both the
language and the publishing senses) import other modules (in either sense)
all the time.

If you take advantage of $PERL6LIB and its ilk by assuming an on-disk
location, or hardcode a `use lib`, of course you’ll get into trouble.
That’s why it’s best to use proper tooling so you can “make install”. (This
also lets you test changes in isolation, even if you have edits in progress
simultaneously in several repos whose products depend on each other.)