Unicode conformance requires "\r\n" to be interpreted as \n alone.
With that said; no, I don't not know how to turn this off.

I personally think I'd consider this a bug.  If not a bug, greater
documentation efforts that explain this.
The display routines (say / print) don't modify the string on output, yet
the other string handling routines do.

We'd need further clarification from the devs as I don't have a full grasp
of the design decision for this problem.

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 11:28 AM David Santiago <deman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A 10 de fevereiro de 2020 16:57:55 CET, David Santiago <deman...@gmail.com>
> escreveu:
> >

> >Hi!
> >
> >Is there a way to change the the following behaviour, so it considers
> \r\n as two characters when using substr, instead of one?
> >
> >On raku version 2019.11
> >
> >> "1234\r\n". substr(*-4)
> >4
> >78