On 2020-05-13 14:05, Peter Pentchev wrote:
On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 07:58:08AM -0700, Todd Chester via perl6-users wrote:
On 12/05/2020 20:44, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users wrote:
On 12/05/2020 00:47, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users wrote:
Hi All,

I want to create a fill in form in Windows: city,
state, etc., you fill in the data.

Is there some library out there for that?

Any words of wisdom?

Many thanks,
-T

On 2020-05-12 08:18, Timo Paulssen wrote:
Hi Todd,

normally I'd expect you want to create a grid with labels on the left
and text inputs on the right.

the examples/ folder in the GTK::Simple distribution (or the source on
github) has an example of the Grid class, which is very powerful.

The grid is possibly more complicated than you need it to be; instead
you can probably have one VBox that contains one HBox for every label +
input field.

One benefit that the Grid will give you is that you can much more easily
line up all the fill-in text inputs, whereas with a VBox of HBoxes it
may just make every text input as wide as possible so it (almost)
touches the end of the label, so different words ("city" vs "first
name") could result in different-sized text inputs.

hope that helps
     - Timo

Hi Timo,

You mean this one?

https://github.com/raku-community-modules/gtk-simple/blob/master/examples/03-grid.pl6

https://ibb.co/hgKHgW4

I do not see the utility of what I am after.

:'(

-T