Thanks JJ,

I am using Rakudostar on Windows and 2020.01 is the current released
version so far.
I will try to reduce the code a bit more but it is just one class
definition together with an instantiation. Not sure I can pack that in a
one liner, but will try.

The access violation comes probably from C code handling some Windows
stuff.