I would put the examples folder at the root level of the distro, as a peer to lib and a peer to the tests folder. -- Darren Duncan

On 2020-08-13 9:25 p.m., Stuart Hungerford wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to add some example modules to a Raku module I'm working on.
These are not strictly tests, nor stand-alone scripts, but modules of
compilable code that show suggested ways to use the roles and classes
in the module. They're not strictly needed to make use of the module.

I can see I could create an "examples" sub-directory in the lib
directory of the module and make sure it does not appear in the
"provides" metadata for the module. I think I could also create pod6
documents with large sections of embedded code too but I figure there
must be idiomatic Raku ways of doing this.

Any advice much appreciated,

Stu