I want to construct a number from its digits in some arbitrary base.  That
is, to essentially do the inverse of this kind of polymod call:

    my @digits = $number.polymod($base xx *);

I have a nagging feeling that I've seen a very concise way to do this in
Raku before, but now it escapes me, and all my searching has found only
pages describing basic, ordinary base conversion.

Obviously for bases from 2-10 one can just concatenate the digits and pass
them to a conversion construct like :2(...) or :5(...) or whatever, if the
base is fixed at compile time.  For the more general case the best I can
come up with is

    my $number = sum @digits Z* (1, * * $base ... *);

Is there a shorter and/or better way?