> >>     What kind of variable is .value?
> >
> > I don't see a `.value`, only a `$!value`.
>
> Is this .self with a better name?

No.

I know you've been progressing in your understanding of
OO in general, and Raku's in particular, since you wrote
this email. So I won't explain it for now, but rather just try
to confirm you now know what that bit of code is doing.

So, would you say you now understand that `.value` is a
method call on an "invocant" that is either explicitly written
to the left of the `.` or is implicitly whatever the current topic
is where the `.value` appears?

> >> 3) the first "Str:D" goes to what on line 337?  To .value?
> >
> > No, to the invocant.
>
> Would you define "invocant" so I stop guessing?

Would you say you now understand what "invocant" means?

love, raiph