With apologies to the list to the degree this is just noise.

I originally intended to send this email off list. But I realized
that what was confusing Todd might perhaps be confusing to
all of you. So I've decided to write this on list. *After* this one
I plan to go off list and email Todd privately unless this email
clears things up.

----

I'm not trying to demonstrate anything. I'm just trying to
be useful.

I hoped that your answer to my 4 questions was 4 x Yes.
That would clear the way for me to elaborate as you asked.

Or, Yes to some of my questions, and no to others.
That would guide me to elaborate on what you said No to.

I'm just trying to focus attention on what's useful. If our
exchange isn't useful to you, please feel free to not reply;
or reply on or off list and ask for us to end our exchange;
or let me know your answer to my questions; or try to
figure out and share with me what is confusing you; or
find some other way for us to continue in a way that would
be useful to you. Thanks.

--
love, ralph