On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 9:50 PM Polgár Márton
<polgar.mar...@windowslive.com> wrote:

> Since there is a public Jitsi link, I don't think this would get cancelled
> because of personal problems. This is my "unofficial opinion" but I
> think whether the proposed dates (noon Eastern time, second
> Saturday of February, March an April respectively) can be followed
> is only a matter of reaching the "critical mass" of interest now. There
> is plenty of time to plan for it.

I looked at Jitsi when vrurg suggested it for their Core class.

It required an international phone call.

I'm not able/willing to cover such a cost. So I won't be attending
despite being interested in doing so if I could do so for free (as
would be the case with, for example, google meet).

vrurg didn't want to alter their plans and I respect that. Same
goes for you guys. Iirc he w/couldn't offer the session for me
to watch for free after the event either. (And iirc he cancelled
it anyway, but still, my point is that it seemed to me that Jitsi
has a double negative in that it is both expensive to join live
and does not have a free post-meet replay option either.)

--
raiph