Most of Richard's parting suggestions I understand & agree with, but not
this: " why are you using '&&' and not 'and' "

My habit (from Perl 5 days) is to use && || for expressions, and reserve
"and" "or" for "do this if assignment/function call without parens
succeeds/fails" – is there a refinement on that distinction in Raku which I
should pay attention to?

-y