Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:38:25 -0800 (PST)
From: BACH F. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: job seize in the US and H1 status

Hi okki

Shortly after that news, INS issued this sad news. :(

----------------------------
March 21, 2001
INS Will NOT "Let Things Slide"

INS has repudiated a widely-distributed story in Wired
News that quoted INS sources as saying that the
Service is "going to let things slide" for laid off
H-1B workers and that reported that INS will allow
them to change jobs "without leaving the country, even
if they have been unemployed for a while." INS has
indicated to  that it still takes its long-held view
that H-1B nonimmigrants who remain present in the U.S.
without changing status, when they are no longer
employed under the H-1B, are considered to be in
violation of their status. INS indicates that it will
continue its past policy of reviewing such situations
on a case-by-case basis to determine whether to
exercise discretion under 8 CFR section 214.1(c)(4) to
grant an extension of status (the procedural stance
for a change of employer). The length of the
individual's presence in the U.S. under the H-1B
admission is one factor in such exercise of
discretion.

So, I'd suggest to look for a new H-1B sponsor within
10 days or switch to B1 visitor visa until you find
one.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

BF

P.S. omong2, kamu kerja di Arus Namala? bagaimana
prospek IT disana?