From: "Stephanie Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Foundation" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: AIDCTI Summer Institute
Date sent: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:54:41 -0400

Hello, my name is Stephanie Walker and I am a staff member for the Center
for Automatic Identification at Ohio University. The
center is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to promoting and
educating automatic identification and data capture to college &
university faculty members.

Every summer the center conducts a weeklong workshop, the Automatic
Identification and Data Capture Technical Institute (AIDCTI), which is
dedicated to educating professors from all over the United States and around
the world for free. The institute includes a series of lectures as well as
hands-on lab time. During the hands-on lab time participants can design,
print, and scan bar code identification cards, hospital ID bracelets, and
shipping labels using a variety of equipment. Participants also encode and
verify magnetic strips on credit cards and work with RFID and voice data
entry systems and use other AIDC technologies. We provide housing, 3 meals a
day, plus we reimburse each faculty member up to $300.00 for his or her
travel expense (mileage or air). The institute is co-sponsored by AIM Inc.,
Uniform Code Council, Inc. (UCC) and Ohio University. The 15th Annual AIDC
technical institute will be held July 22-27, 2001, at Ohio University,
Athens, Ohio.

In the past 14 years we have had faculty members from all over the world
attend our institute. They have traveled from Peru, South Africa, UK,
Canada, Taiwan, Argentina, Egypt, Korea, Russia, Poland, etc and from all
over the U.S. They have ranged from disciplines such as Health, Engineering,
Science, Business, Clothing Textiles and Merchandising, Industrial Studies,
and Manufacturing Construction, just to mention a few. We would like to
invite your organization faculty members to submit an application to
attend. We would like to request a copy of your mailing list for us to send
out invitations to your members that are university faculty to apply or
could we forward you a letter of invitation and an application so that you
could distribute this information to your educational members?

For more information on this weeklong institute you may visit our
web-site at www.ent.ohiou.edu/autoid <http://www.ent.ohiou.edu/autoid>

If you have any questions, please feel free to call or send me an
e-mail.

Stephanie Walker
Secretarial Associate
Center for Automatic Identification